Sunday 5 October 2008

Run No.2

I don't think the preparation for this run can be found in any runner's magazine. After church we had lunch at some friends, we start eating about 2.30 and finish about 3.45 - I stuff myself on pudding. I cheekily weigh myself in their bathroom and discover I am 12 stone 4lbs or about 77kg. I think that is near my heaviest. I feel bloated, two trips to the toilet help just a little. At just before 5 on a gloriously sunny day, I waddle down the road and begin trundling the road home. I have the wrong top, dressed for winter, running in summer. Idiot.

Here's my route. 6.34991 miles or 10.2192km covered in 1hr 9 min 11 seconds. That's 5.5mph (sounds really slow) or just under an 11 minute mile. By unfair comparison Haile Gebrselassie did a half marathon by the time I plodded those 6 miles and did 26 consecutive 5 minute miles.

End result, my longest run for some time just one quarter of the distance I need to run in April.

No comments: