Tuesday 7 October 2008

The point of stretching...

...is so you're not as stiff and sore as I was today. Following on from Sunday's 6 mile run, I needed to get going again after a rest day yesterday. Didn't quite manage to get on the road in time so opted to do a SR (officially that's a steady run but for the moment it's a SLOW run) and ran run no.1. Oh my goodness, how sore was I? My knees and calves just were stiff and sore - I did loosen up a bit near the end of the 2 miles but I completed the circuit in 23min 14sec which is, even allowing for traffic crossing the roads 2 minutes SLOWER!

I, in my vanity, think I look in shape. The evidence tells another story. Still, this is what the training is for. I still didn't stretch and cool down properly as I had to dash straight out again, so I need to be careful of shin splints (I've had them before) and other such delights. Still, in the past 5 days I've run 10 miles in a total of 1 hour 44.

There are 6 months and 18 days to go.

No comments: