Tuesday 30 March 2010

Oxford Canal Run

So yesterday I ran this route and thought it would be a good one. Several problems, for the first few miles I ran like I'd forgotten how. Oh my goodness I was rubbish. Shoelaces, coat, drink, toilet stop - sort it out!! Second problem was that in many places, the ground was way more uneven than I expected and was wet, muddy, slippy and hard going. Where there was gravel and grading it was beautiful good going. Thirdly, I stopped at various places because I didn't know where I was, fourthly I chafed pretty badly and I need to sort that problem out ASAP. I wore the same shorts as I ran the marathon in last year but for the last two runs I've rubbed my legs raw. Change is needed. 26.2 miles is painful enough without me self-harming. All in all not my greatest. Scenery was beautiful though

18.14 miles in 03:15:52 - 10.48 minute miles at 5.6 mph. Rubbish.


No comments: