Monday 13 April 2009

Sweat, contacts and on time

Not many more training runs left now, not much more time to make any adjustments. I did this run today



9.82 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes 39 seconds which is exactly my target 9minute mile pace. I just need to keep that up for another two and a half hours!! Today is a warm day (18 degrees) and if its anything like that in London the key will be hydration. I didn't take enough with me today and so I slowed in the second half, so these ten miles weren't evenly paced which is my aim on the day. A bit disappointingly I was only 40 seconds quicker than in January, although if I count in the contact lens stop (see below) that would probably be nearer 2-3 minutes but I think if I get my hydration right and maintain a steadier pace I should be ok.

Secondly, sweat. I had one small stop as sweat ran into my eyes and dislodged a contact lens which both stung like anything, was tricky to put back in and slowed me up for at least two minutes.

The knee is OK but I felt it a bit in the last mile.

No comments: